For the Dough;
– Place the water and yeast in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment and begin to mix on the lowest speed.
– Gradually add the flours while continuously mixing and scraping the dough down the side of the bowl as required. Once you have added around 2/3rds of the flours, add the salt before adding the remaining flours and mixing for around 3 minutes.
– Turn the mixer off and leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
– Mix for a final 30 seconds to bring the dough back together before transferring to a large oiled container, covering with a lid or cling film/shrink wrap and leaving to ferment at room temperature for 24 hours.
For the Chicken legs;
– Combine the spices in a bowl and mix together before rubbing all over the chicken legs.
– Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
For the Blue Cheese sauce;
– Pop all the ingredients into a small blender and whizz briefly till smooth.
– Transfer to a squirty bottle and keep refrigerated until required.
The Next Day…
– Remove the fermented dough from the tub onto a clean work surface and split in half. Set one half aside (you can refrigerate to use the following day, or cook 2 pizzas should you have two trays) and place the other half in an oiled 8′ x 10′ Detroit style pan.
– Gently push and stretch the dough towards the corners of the pan (don’t be worried if it doesn’t quite reach the corners yet, you can stretch it now and again during its proofing time) cover, and leave at room temperature for 2-3 hours before baking.
– Just before you’re ready to bake the pizza you’ll need to cook the chicken legs. Ensure Roccbox is preheated to around 660°F and turn the flame down to its lowest setting before pre heating a cast iron pan in the oven for a minute or 2.
– Once the pan is warm, rub the meat with a little oil before popping the legs skin side down into the warm pan and returning it to Roccbox to cook for around 4 minutes.
– Flip the legs over and cook them skin side up for a final minute before leaving to one side to rest.
– Once the dough is proven it’s (finally!) time to bake our pizza!
– Ensure the hot Roccbox has its flame turned down to its lowest setting before popping the untopped Detroit pizza into the front third of Roccbox (it’s important to ensure the entire bake takes place in this front third- too far back in the oven and you’ll burn the pizza!) and par bake for 2 minutes, rotating half way through.
– Working quickly, remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle over the cheeses before returning the pizza to bake for a further 6 minutes, rotating regularly.
– During this final bake time, slice the chicken legs and, when the 6 minutes is up, lay the sliced meat over the top of the pizza, turn Roccbox off completely and allow the pan to sit in the cooling oven for 2-3 minutes.
– Remove the pizza from the tray and drizzle with blue cheese sauce, hot sauce and the celery leaves before portioning up and eating!