Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people. Here is your chance to become part of the success story.
We are looking for a talented Site Facilities Maintenance Engineer to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
- To service, maintain and repair process equipment, machinery and production process systems.
- Diagnose faults and problems to effect servicing and repair solutions.
- Input verbal maintenance requests to the SAP system, facilitate repair and close each task on its satisfactory completion
- Each task to be risk assessed in accordance with the management of Health and Safety at work regulations 1992.
- All repairs and maintenance of plant, machinery and equipment to be effected in accordance with all relevant regulations, legislation and Company operating procedures.
- Prioritise and organise work tasks with the minimum of supervision.
- For plant and equipment record results to comply with insurance requirements.
- Using diagnostic test equipment diagnosis and analysis faults.
- Establish notional costs of parts and equipment prior to purchase
- Deployment of a range of problem solving skills within the maintenance team.
- To be competent and knowledgeable of electrical, water, pneumatic, hydraulic, fire suppression and alarm systems as appropriate to the core trade
- To liaise with suppliers service departments directly for solving technical problems.
- As part of fault finding to facilitate repairs accesses computerised programmes and re-programme the control systems as necessary.
- To upgrade obsolete plant and machinery by deploying latest technology to supersede obsolete parts to extend their operational life
- To install, maintain and service approve gas, electrical and aircraft Ground Power Units effected in accordance with all relevant regulations, legislation and Company operating procedures.
- To be competent in the use of a range of precision machinery, plant and equipment to produce and manufacture solutions to maintain and repair machine tools, plant and systems
- To identify planned preventative maintenance opportunities for major plant and equipment to ensure production schedules are maintained
- Liaise with contractors and company representatives to establish solutions.
- Liaise, interface and identify servicing requirements to the calibration centre to comply with the company operating system.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of component manufacture and processes to enable the effective servicing and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Experienced in the operation of a diverse range of equipment, machinery and plant
- Relevant Engineering apprenticeship or recognised Engineering Maintenance NVQ
- A minimum of two years job experience
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.